Thursday 11 April 2013

Lunch time. Roux at the Landau




Hi guys. I'm getting good at this ,more than one post a week thing' aren't I? haha.

So the other week me and my sister took my mum out for a special birthday lunch, and our place of choice was  Roux at the Landau. We knew our mum loved the Roux family of chefs, so were really excited for it.
We arrived for a 2pm lunch and were greeted at the reception with a lovely smile and our coats were taken.

I have to say when I stepped into the dining room my jaw dropped. It was simply elegant and everything was shiny, gold and classicly beautiful. After shown to our spacious table we drank our glass of champagne and scoured through the set menu. The waiters were polite and nothing about the atmosphere was pretentious or awkward.
After our orders were taken, some pre-starter nibbles arrived at the table and the feast had begun....


The dining room

A late lunch- almost had the dining room to ourselves.

Champagne time.

The set menu.
The amuse bouche- cheese bites.

My starter- 'Pressed potato and  fine herb ballontine with smoked duck and truffle dressing' this starter was lovely and light but heavy in flavour. The right amount of each element.
The main- 'Roast seabass, grilled aubergine puree and saffron cracked wheat'.  The seabass was cooked beautifully, it was lovely and soft. This was the first time I had tasted wheat like this and its safe to say the plate was clean by the time I was finished with it.
Dessert time- 'Light white chocolate and coconut pannacotta with mango and lime'. Possibly one of the best desserts I have ever tasted. It was a cold, rainy London day so this definitely gave me a taste of summer.

Roses- Pretty table decorations.
Outside.

Overall it was a great experience and a really tasty meal. I would highly recommend it as an occasion lunch or just to go and spoil yourself.

Have you ever been? And If you have what did you eat?

Hope you enjoyed the blog post guys. I'm going to be posting a lot more now.
See you next time x

No comments:

Post a Comment